# Talmacsi takes first MotoGP points in Sachsenring

Monday 20 July 2009

Talmacsi takes first MotoGP points in Sachsenring

Monday, 20 July 2009

Hungarian writes name in MotoGP history books despite tyre issue.

Four races into his MotoGP career, Gabor Talmacsi took his first premier class point at the Alice Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland on Sunday. Fifteenth in Germany made the Hungarian the first rider from his country to put his name on the MotoGP scoreboard, and historic achievement that has not satiated his desire for bigger and better things before the end of the year.

"I got my first point in MotoGP, today and I'm happy for that,” said the former 125cc World Champion. “It is something that will stay in my record. Nevertheless, we want to progress more.”

Like factory Honda riders Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, Talmacsi needed to ride around front tyre deterioration over the course of the 30-lap race. A problem encountered already at a few races, the 28 year-old dealt with the issue as well as anyone has so far in 2009, despite his limited 800cc experience.

“Maybe I overrode, but I had some problems with the front tyre, and from a certain moment on I could not keep in contact with my group,” he revealed after the Sachsenring round, in which he was lapped on the final time around the track by Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. “I tried to find a good rhythm and go as fast as I could. I'm confident: we all have the same target: to fight for good positions. We have simply to work hard.”

Talmacsi has, save for his DNF at Laguna Seca two weeks ago, improved his placing at every MotoGP race in which he has competed.


*motogp.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Site Info

Text

football and motorsport Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie