# De Puniet has surgery on broken ankle

Thursday 6 August 2009

De Puniet has surgery on broken ankle

LCR Honda rider Randy de Puniet has broken his left ankle in a motocross training accident, but after a quick operation it is hoped that he will be fit to ride at Brno on the 14th-16th August weekend.

After Randy de Puniet’s brilliant ride to a surprise podium in MotoGP’s farewell to Donington Park at the British Grand Prix – where he finished in third place behind Andrea Dovizioso and Colin Edwards – the Frenchman has suffered a setback in a private training accident.

Undertaking a summer fitness programme De Puniet was participating in a motocross session last Saturday afternoon with his personal trainer Yves Demaria (a former motocross rider) in Aix en Provence, when he crashed on entering a corner, hitting his left leg heavily.

The 28 year-old was taken straight to hospital and x-rays showed a fracture of the left ankle. After a quick surgery to insert a screw into his ankle De Puniet left hospital on Monday and will meet Clinica Mobile staff in the next few days to organise his rehabilitation. Hopefully we will be racing in Brno in less than two weeks’ time.

De Puniet stated, “Yves and I have a specific training programme to improve my performance on track this year. This programme has helped me a lot so far and through the summer break I didn’t want to stop training. So we went out to do a short motocross session, but unfortunately I had a fall and the impact on the ground caused a fracture of the left ankle.”

“I am very disappointed about this setback but training is very important for me in order to be in good shape in MotoGP. I will do my best to race in Brno and I am sure that the Clinica Mobile staff will support me in the best way.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Site Info

Text

football and motorsport Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie